4 girls laying!!!!!! + first green egg

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
big_smile.png
I got my first egg on April 1st a beautiful maran egg and then my favorrel layed yesterday after another 2 maran eggs and then today I got 1 EE egg (green/blue) and one either delaware favorrel or wyndotte egg. I am soooooo happy I am finally getting eggs and two in one day
lol.png

Henry

The first eggs are always "eggsciting", and I have trouble even eating them, I'm so proud of them. Congratulations!! I wont get any from my new chicks and the ones I have coming until Sept. at the earliest.

well I think these were around 25 weeks old I have four out of six laying at that age and a few delawares, leghorns, and a campamine coming up to laying now they are around 20 weeks old and seem to be close.

Henry

I had no trouble eating them they were so good
big_smile.png
I love the color and size range but I am espeacialy proud of my Maran girl because her eggs are as big as the store bought ones we have left over. The EE also made me happy because she does not look very EEish but laid a nice blue/green egg !

Thanks,
Henry

Congratulations!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

It's always so eggciting when they start to lay. You sound like you've got a nice mix. All the best with them.

I'm on day 18 with 8 marans eggs. I can't wait for the day that they start laying dark brown eggs.

I want to take a picture like in your avatar I was just talking about it when the three white egg layers start laying I will have all the possible egg colors.
big_smile.png

Thanks !

Henry

Last edited:
dont ya just love going to the henhouse an getting those 1st eggs.i always enjoyed going an getting the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom