4-H-er thread!

Pics
Showmanship also is about how well you have cared for and conditioned your animal. Judges like looking for good feathers and flesh, both of which can't be accomplished with good feed and genetics. What judge was it, if you don't mind me asking?

Can't wait!!

Some APA judges do get very picky about what they are looking for. Some have little tolerance for non recognized varieties and breeds. I, for one, love APA judges. I think they are 100% correct in drawing the line between recognized and non recognized, as well as being brutally honest.

Some APA judges do get very picky about what they are looking for. Some have little tolerance for non recognized varieties and breeds. I, for one, love APA judges. I think they are 100% correct in drawing the line between recognized and non recognized, as well as being brutally honest. 
Our judge is awful, he is APA certified, yet didn't know what a Sizzle was, and called an obvious Red Sex Link a Buff Orpington crossed with a Rhode Island Red.

Our judge is awful, he is APA certified, yet didn't know what a Sizzle was, and called an obvious Red Sex Link a Buff Orpington crossed with a Rhode Island Red.

Are you sure he was APA? That sounds like a blatant lack of understanding of genetics and such. I find it hard to believe that someone with such credentials can be that foolish.

Back
Top Bottom