4-H-er thread!

Pics
Hello my son just joined 4-h this year. He is 10 and for his project he chose turkeys as his project. Well no one in the club has done them before and with this being his first year we are lost. I was wondering if someone could help us a bit? What is the difference in showmanship and market? If he does showmanship can he still sell in auction? Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Also we still don't have his project book yet so I went on the 4-h website and ordered it.

Hello my son just joined 4-h this year. He is 10 and for his project he chose turkeys as his project. Well no one in the club has done them before and with this being his first year we are lost. I was wondering if someone could help us a bit? What is the difference in showmanship and market? If he does showmanship can he still sell in auction? Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Also we still don't have his project book yet so I went on the 4-h website and ordered it.

Not sure if all counties are the same, but in our county if you do market birds then you have to do showmanship. Showmanship with a turkey is tricky so we do market turkey and then use a chicken for showmanship. The market birds you can sell at auction:)

I am getting my market lamb tomorrow
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom