4-H-er thread!

Hey Pete, did you get your Serama eggs for the NYD hatch yet? I saw that you were getting some in the mail (that thread moves so fast I can hardly keep up, so thought I'd ask you here)... Anyway, if you want to set with everyone but are worried about loose air cells, you can always set as soon as they get to room temperature (like Ron said) but then keep the turner off for a few days to give the air cells time to heal.

Hey Pete, did you get your Serama eggs for the NYD hatch yet? I saw that you were getting some in the mail (that thread moves so fast I can hardly keep up, so thought I'd ask you here)... Anyway, if you want to set with everyone but are worried about loose air cells, you can always set as soon as they get to room temperature (like Ron said) but then keep the turner off for a few days to give the air cells time to heal.
Thanks The eggs will be shipping tomorrow and are supposed to get here on wednesday. So what I am planning on doing is as soon as they get here I am going to unwrap them and candle, if any air cells are wonky I will let them sit 24 hours, and if not, I will let them settle for probably 12ish hours. Then I will set them. thanks for the help! It is going to be my third time hatching, the first time being with the embryology group that I help lead with my mom

Is anyone doing a market lamb for their county fair? I am and I get mine in February! I'm super excited and if anyone has done it before, some tips please.
1f60a.png

Is anyone doing a market lamb for their county fair? I am and I get mine in February! I'm super excited and if anyone has done it before, some tips please.
1f60a.png

We haven't done it before and haven't committed yet for this year. My son is joining our livestock club and will choose between market lamb, swine or beef. The beef club already has their animals so we missed that.

We haven't done it before and haven't committed yet for this year. My son is joining our livestock club and will choose between market lamb, swine or beef. The beef club already has their animals so we missed that.

Well so far lambs seem really fun! My project has worked with them and they have such personality!

Last edited:
I am Rachell and my kids started showing poultry last year. My daughter got first place in showmanship her first year! Last year they showed silkies this year we have an old English game hen and silver duckwing Phoenix. My daughter is going to get a couple of meat birds as well. Any recommendations on what breed to get for the meat birds?

Back
Top Bottom