4-H-er thread!

Pics
I will definitely post pics- it looks like I will get them in October. Showmanship is my favorite class! My advice is to really know your stuff. Memorize your breed and its varieties/acceptance date, and have a good understanding of what makes a good show bird. Look the judge in the eye and be confident. Not sure if your state has a 4H showmanship handbook but if it does learn everything in it! Each judge looks for something a little different, so develop your style and practice it a lot. I like to save my scorecards after a competition- it gives me pointers to practice on for next time. Good luck!

Can't wait to see pictures! And thanks!

results from the dairy goat show today!

In my Jr. Showmanship class I won, So I moved up to sr, then got 2nd! That was pretty cool!

with my doeling, she won her jr. kid class, then moved onto jr (Non Milkers) Class, and Championed there, So we moved onto best of breed, and she reserve Championed there! In bred and owned we got last, but i think that is because she was the youngest there, it is hard to tell.

The doe got a first (only one in there) and then went onto sr. does (milkers) and reserve championed there. Her mom ended up winning best doe in show!

In dam and daughter we got second place, right after my does dam, and her daughter!

Back
Top Bottom