4 Legbars Hatched...And all 4 are boys!

I'll check back in a bit. Here's to hoping
fl.gif
Either way, they're beautiful. Congratulations! What will you do with them if they are all cockerals?

OK, they are dry now, and I still think they're all boys! Here are two pictures. The second picture is a close-up of the chick that is on the right in the first picture. He has a bit of a stripe down the back, but has a head spot. Plus they all four look more gray than brown.

I know! Darn it! How in the world did I hatch 100% males? They are cute and all, but I don't need 4 cockerels, especially at the price I paid for the eggs!

Oh well, I located someone about an hour from me that has one-week-old legbar pullets for sale. I guess I'll go spend some more money! LOL

I know! Darn it! How in the world did I hatch 100% males? They are cute and all, but I don't need 4 cockerels, especially at the price I paid for the eggs!

Oh well, I located someone about an hour from me that has one-week-old legbar pullets for sale. I guess I'll go spend some more money! LOL

That's not too far :) If I were closer I'd give one a home.
hugs.gif

Can you believe my luck? I had four legbars hatch yesterday/last night. And ALL FOUR ARE COCKERELS! Really, what are the chances of that? I'm not sure if I should get more eggs and hatch again or just buy some pullets!
My first hatching of bought in Cream Legbar eggs back in May was exactly the same result. I have just hatched the offspring of one of them (and the 2 CLB hens I already had) though and

Yay! The flock continues!

Don't give up. You now have one half (well, four halves) of what you need.

Wow! I'm so sorry for you. Seriously, what are the odds? I'm setting my first Cream Legbars in the incubator this week. I hope I get some roo's and hens. They are beautiful little babies though. You're lucky to have found someone close by who has some ladies!

GVChickenMan, your chicks are adorable!

Sadly, two of my four legbar cockerel babies died yesterday. I just had terrible luck with this hatch. I drove an hour and 20 minutes yesterday and spent more money (ugh) to buy two 3-day-old legbar pullets. They are adorable. The only good side to all of this is I have two unrelated pairs now. I just hope I don't have anymore die. It's too sad. And it breaks my kids' hearts.

Back
Top Bottom