4 legged chick Clover

Pics
This seems very irresponsible for Cackle Hatchery. Both for the chicks health and the hatcherys reputation. In my experience, cackle usually only sends 1 extra chick. It was either a joke or an employee wanted to sneak it through to give it a chance. (I would've too, or taken it home myself, lol) I don't see management condoning this. Either way, it's neat and interesting. Thank you and the employee for giving little guy a fighting chance! Glad to hear it's doing great. Look forward to updated pics and other updates! Hopefully reproductive maturity don't become an issue if its a pullet :(

mmm good idea! i will try to take some tonight! Don't let me forget!
Don't forget. Clover's fans are waiting.
confused chicken GIF

This seems very irresponsible for Cackle Hatchery. Both for the chicks health and the hatchery's reputation. In my experience, cackle usually only sends 1 extra chick. It was either a joke or an employee wanted to sneak it through to give it a chance. (I would've too, or taken it home myself, lol) I don't see management condoning this. Either way, it's neat and interesting. Thank you and the employee for giving little guy a fighting chance! Glad to hear it's doing great. Look forward to updated pics and other updates! Hopefully reproductive maturity don't become an issue if its a pullet :(
I'm hoping for the best with the reproductive tract, but if not, we can, sadly cull her. that would be worst case though. They sent me 1 extra chick per breed, 4 golden comets, ans 4 brahmas. I don't see management condoning this either.
Don't forget. Clover's fans are waiting.
confused chicken GIF
It's 1:30 LOL!

I'm hoping for the best with the reproductive tract, but if not, we can, sadly cull her. that would be worst case though. They sent me 1 extra chick per breed, 4 golden comets, ans 4 brahmas. I don't see management condoning this either.

It's 1:30 LOL!
Oh yea, i wouldn't know how they send them per breed, as ive only gotten rainbow assortments, so they were all considered one quantity

OK THE POST YOU'VE ALL WAITED FOR: She's fine. at 10-12 weeks we made a plan to amputate the limbs, she won't have a tail but that's ok. She listend to her heart and said it is def polymelia and not an absorbed twin. Our Clover may become a case study for Iowa State Veterinary though. That would be cool. The vet wanted to call the news station down but we declined. My father said evey single staff member came to see her and ohhhed and ahhhed. She's famous! :lau We are so happy right now you have no idea...
What ever happened to this plan?

Nothing! she is 6 weeks old right now. We are kind of waiting to see though because we just spent around 10,000 dollars on our dog to save his life. Money is a tad it tight LOL!
Maybe as interested in the chick as they are for studies, maybe they could pay for it or do it for a free in exchange for the studies?

Maybe as interested in the chick as they are for studies, maybe they could pay for it or do it for a free in exchange for the studies?
Maybe, fingers crossed. In the long run I love my big baby boy (dog) more than my chickens, if it gets to the point where she has a poor quality of life without surgery though we can reconsider and reevaluate.

Back
Top Bottom