4 mixed chicks, one massive boy?

Iluvchickens-2023

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2023
I have one Rhode Island Red, I think my grey one is a lavender amauracana, but the jury is out on the other 2. The little white and black speckled one has a Mohawk if that helps, she also is very chatty compared to the others and bites especially if I’m not wearing a shirt she raises her lowly head and bites my nips 🤣🤣.The last one is this massive feather footed boy? He grew a red comb and waddles before the others, he’s starting to get these red feather caps on the back of his neck and he’s more aggressive than the rest he’ll charge after the the others sometimes when they jump off my lap or jump off somewhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 16
@Iluvchickens-2023 where did you get them? That may help determine the cockerels breed.
I got them from J&K feed store in Hesperia California. They get chicks every Friday, but the guy actually said they only sell vaccinated females, so i wasn’t sure at first if he was a male. They might have had signs of what breed they are once they get them but I didn’t notice. I’m happy to have him, I’m not personally interested in them for their meat and I raised them in my room so it would be sad for both of us if I got them for meat.

I got them from J&K feed store in Hesperia California. They get chicks every Friday, but the guy actually said they only sell vaccinated females, so i wasn’t sure at first if he was a male. They might have had signs of what breed they are once they get them but I didn’t notice. I’m happy to have him, I’m not personally interested in them for their meat and I raised them in my room so it would be sad for both of us if I got them for meat.
Somehow I missed this post, sorry about that.

Do you know where your feed store sources there chicks?

Back
Top Bottom