pipdzipdnreadytogo

Fuzzy Feather Fanatic
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
I almost couldn't wait for today to do my photo op!
big_smile.png

The little girls are 4 months old already! Lots has happened the past month, but most importantly, the little girls are now part of the big-girl-flock! So the pullets spend their time dodging around grumpy big girls, while making up for it by chasing around the little Sebrights.
lol.png
The little girls haven't quite found their place in the pecking order, but have formed their own little hierarchy amongst themselves; little Maggie, the smallest one of the bunch, is the big head-honcho, with Diana and Cressy close behind her.
smile.png

In alphabetical order:

95415_4mo_betty.jpg

Betty, my adventurous little Easter-Egger! She's in constant motion, I swear, unless I'm trying to take a picture of someone behind her!
th.gif

95415_4mo_cress.jpg

My pretty Easter-Egger, Cressida
love.gif

95415_4mo_cricket.jpg

Good ol' barred rock Cricket--she's got too much energy for her own good!

95415_4mo_debra_jo.jpg

Sweet, sassy barred rock Debra Jo. Goodness, her wattles shot out these past couple weeks!

95415_4mo_diana.jpg

Barred rock Diana, with her gentle and inquisitive nature.

95415_4mo_freema.jpg

My sweet, sweet barred rock, Freema. She loves to hop on my lap and get lots of hugs!
hugs.gif

95415_4mo_kate.jpg

Barred rock Kate is so shy... She's always back in the undergrowth, where I can't see her. (This was a hard pic to get. Note my mom's hand, trying to stop little Kate from moving around.)

95415_4mo_maggie.jpg

Tough little Easter-Egger Maggie. The smallest of the lot, but still little Alpha of the pullets. Man, if she doesn't want to be touched, she'll let you know!
bow.gif

95415_4mo_mako.jpg

Easter-Egger Mako--this was the only pic I got of her! She's not as shy as Kate, but acts like she's afraid of me most of the time! Then she comes over and lets me rub her chest.
hu.gif

95415_4mo_natalie.jpg

Barred rock Natalie, the quiet one.

95415_4mo_wynne.jpg

Noisy little Easter-Egger Wynne. She reminds me of an owl for some reason...

And some extra pictures!!
big_smile.png

95415_climber_cricket.jpg

Cricket climbing a grape vine

95415_debra_jo_diva.jpg

Debra Jo with her classic diva look

95415_mags_and_cress_4_months.jpg

Cressy and Mags posing for their picture

And I have a bunch more because some of the pullets went insane and hopped WAAAAY up onto the grape vine, but I'm gonna post another topic for that little story.
wink.png

Ah, thanks for all the compliments! This was one pretty group (although I forgot to get the boys in there again)! First ones we've ever gotten from a hatchery instead of a feed store and they're so much more friendly than any other chickens I've had!
love.gif

Edited to add: If you wanted to check out their 2 month and 3 month photo ops, they're here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=535599 --2 month
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=550747 --3 month
Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures for their one month 'birthday', but that's okay--I couldn't tell most of them appart back then.
lol.png

Last edited:
nice photos of your lovely flock! Thank you!

I miss having EE's...they are such interesting birds.

Back
Top Bottom