4 Out of Six Chickens with Injured Beaks

ChxLadyMary

Chirping
Apr 21, 2020
My flock of six chickens were locked up overnight and the only things in their coop where they sleep are shavings and a heater. They were let out and no one seemed to notice anything happened. That means it either happened over night or very first thing when they were let out. Some people thought the feeder was a problem but not all of them got the cuts. Were they attacking each other? The only reason I doubt that is because the cut on the beaks is the same on all four chickens who got injured. What happened and what should I do?

Attachments

• Doodle-Injured.jpg
    Doodle-Injured.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 33
What happened and what should I do?

I honestly don't know, but I have a thought. Are there possibly rodents getting into their henery at night? They would tend to chew on chickens while they are in torpor. Also, what does your feeder look like?

I honestly don't know, but I have a thought. Are there possibly rodents getting into their henery at night? They would tend to chew on chickens while they are in torpor. Also, what does your feeder look like?

Granted that with identical injuries, I would tend to more suspect something like the feeder or other item they may be sticking their heads into.

Back
Top Bottom