4 week chicks not using heat plate

Jenilynchickmom

Chirping
May 12, 2020
Michigan
Hello! First time mommy again.
My chicks are in the house in our spare room for context. The house is around 70-75.

we have had them 3 weeks so I assume they are closer to 4ish though we have a couple that are a bit bigger than the rest.

they are no longer using the heat plate. Last night just to confirm I went in at midnight and they were sleeping in two piles of 3 on opposite sides of the cage. Would it be ok to take out the plate now? I would love to give them the extra room.

At those temps, chicks three weeks old no longer need supplemental heat during the day, and after four weeks, also at night. Your next step is to take your chicks outside for day outings to acclimatize them to outside temps in prep to move them to their coop. You do have a coop ready for them, don't you?

At those temps, chicks three weeks old no longer need supplemental heat during the day, and after four weeks, also at night. Your next step is to take your chicks outside for day outings to acclimatize them to outside temps in prep to move them to their coop. You do have a coop ready for them, don't you?

our coop is actually in our garage and has a door to an outside run.

Back
Top Bottom