6 Years
Feb 22, 2017
Not washed
IMG_8356.jpg
washed
IMG_8360.jpg
20230319_114354.jpg
20230319_114400.jpg

What could be causing this problem- Chick backside issues. This is going to be a hen I'm fairly certain. However, she is having her back side look like this. They are on medicated feed and she is about 3-4 weeks old. I'm not sure if the other chicks peck backsides already or if this is developmental. She hatched late and i had to help her out of the egg (fully developed- but incubator got dry). She then had splay leg which she recovered wonderfully from. Very strong and healthy, but it hurts her to go to the bathroom. She has fairly normal poops but then leaks creamy colors. Runs around fine. Maybe my coop is too cold, I'm not sure. Pictures are before her bottom was washed and after. I don't have chick grit yet and that might be some of the problem. I've been feeding them blueberries and spinach and I'm sure they need some grit.

I don't feel right leaving her like this with pet sitter, we are leaving on a work trip for a week so I may just have to cull her tonight to protect the rest of the flock ok. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom