4 week old Easter Egger Chicks Gemder Sexing Debate Pullet Rooster Hen Cockerel

rainyvillarreal

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
Hi! Ok I'm hoping this will help others, I'm going to post pictures of my 4 week old Easter Eggers and let you guys debate over the genders. I will post pictures every week as an update so that others (not to mention myself) can hopefully learn something from it! Here you go:

1 and 3 look like definite cockerels, 4 and 5 may be pullets, and 2 is a tough guess for me. I'm going to guess cockerel at this point.

1 and 3 look like definite cockerels, 4 and 5 may be pullets, and 2 is a tough guess for me. I'm going to guess cockerel at this point.

Thanks for your guesses! Number 1 is the sweetest little thing, I was really hoping I could keep her. But I can't keep a him. :(
Number 2 is very tough for me too. He/she was a very late bloomer and is still the smallest of the bunch. Will post more next week!

Here's another question for you all out there- about a week ago, number 5 opened its mouth and let out a "squawk" not a usual "peep" or "cluck" that I've been hearing. Is this a telltale sign of a cockerel, or have pullets been known to do this too at an early age?

Back
Top Bottom