4 weeks of Permethrin treatment and still have mites! Help me please

So I sprayed them all today. I actually saw some on them today which I’ve never seen them active before so that was new. I checked later on a few after they dried and didn’t see any. I checked the coop (I sprayed the coop again too with the leftover bottle I had) and didn’t see any either in the nesting boxes. I really hope this works :fl

@casportpony when do you think I should spray the chickens and the coop again since it seems this is working?

Soooo I checked the nesting boxes again today and there were mites...which means my chickens still have mites. I’m feeling annoyed with these pesky bugs. I had tried the other day getting the dust but they didn’t have it. Should I just give up on permethrin and switch to spinosad at this point?
@casportpony @pozees2

I'd keep using the stronger dilution of permethrin since it seemed to have killed mites. You will keep seeing more as they hatch, and I think the Northern Fowl Mite has a faster lifecycle than red mites, that's why I had to treat the birds days 1, 4, and 7, and why I was spraying the coops every day, so I didn't miss a hatch and let the bleepers get old enough to lay more eggs.

Soooo I checked the nesting boxes again today and there were mites...which means my chickens still have mites. I’m feeling annoyed with these pesky bugs. I had tried the other day getting the dust but they didn’t have it. Should I just give up on permethrin and switch to spinosad at this point?
@casportpony @pozees2
It's hard to know if the new mites you're seeing just hatched,
since I don't think anything kills mite or lice eggs,
or the chemical you're using is ineffective due to resistance.

Back
Top Bottom