4 weeks of Permethrin treatment and still have mites! Help me please

Pics
I would switch to spinosad.

The powder? unlikely, it's 0.25% permethrin.
Okay so I’ve given it a couple weeks with the higher permethrin dilution and no luck. It seems only my black australorp has them still where I can actively see them crawling around her vent. I found none on the others on necks, under wings, or around vents. I bought the spinosad and will follow your dilution for it since it’s the captain jacks dead bug concentrate.
I sprayed with permethrin Sunday, should I wait until this Sunday to spray with the spinosad or is today or tomorrow okay? Also should I spray my chickens and the coop the same way I did with the permethrin?

Are wild birds able to access your coop? If so you might just be experiencing re infestation.
They can’t access my coop or run, but I do free range my chickens so it’s a possibility. It’s just weird because it’s just my one chicken that can’t seem to shake them, and it’s not like she doesn’t dust bathe because that’s all she does.

I wanted to update this thread as I have successfully rid my chickens of the nasty northern fowl mite infestation I had. I sprayed 2 squirts (I got a spray bottle from tractor supply) of the 1(spinosad):4(water) dilution of the caption jacks dead bug brew concentrate under each wing, their neck, underbelly, above tail, and on the vent above and below. Shortly after I sprayed it there were no more mites! I was going to reapply a week later but there were none to be found so I didn’t bother! That was over a month ago. I am so thankful for the recommendation. Not only did the captain jack help my chickens but it helped me get rid of nasty Japanese beetles in my garden that were eating my eggplants and Bag worms on my shrub. That stuff is seriously a miracle fix all for bug issues! I’ve actually been able to enjoy my chickens finally, which is definitely worth the $30 it cost. Thank you again to everyone who helped me!

I wanted to update this thread as I have successfully rid my chickens of the nasty northern fowl mite infestation I had. I sprayed 2 squirts (I got a spray bottle from tractor supply) of the 1(spinosad):4(water) dilution of the caption jacks dead bug brew concentrate under each wing, their neck, underbelly, above tail, and on the vent above and below. Shortly after I sprayed it there were no more mites! I was going to reapply a week later but there were none to be found so I didn’t bother! That was over a month ago. I am so thankful for the recommendation. Not only did the captain jack help my chickens but it helped me get rid of nasty Japanese beetles in my garden that were eating my eggplants and Bag worms on my shrub. That stuff is seriously a miracle fix all for bug issues! I’ve actually been able to enjoy my chickens finally, which is definitely worth the $30 it cost. Thank you again to everyone who helped me!
Thank you so much for updating! I know this is an old thread but thought I’d ask. I am going through the exact same thing with mites right now with the permethrin spray and dust and starting to get overwhelmed. 😩 I’ll definitely be trying the spinosad! Did you spray the spinosad in the coop too?

Hi this is an old thread but I’m dealing with the same situation a mite problem and I’m considering the cap jacks mite concentrate too. Would you recommend this product to use on my chickens for their mite problem? I’m kind of on the fence about these mite treatments because I don’t want to get it and it won’t work. I read a review and the company said that it shouldn’t be used on or around chickens and coops but at the same time I think this may be less “harmful” then other treatments. Thank you
Thank you so much for updating! I know this is an old thread but thought I’d ask. I am going through the exact same thing with mites right now with the permethrin spray and dust and starting to get overwhelmed. 😩 I’ll definitely be trying the spinosad! Did you spray the spinosad in the coop too?
Hi, did you try the mite concentrate and did it work for your mite infestation? I was wondering and did your chickens have any negative side affect or anything? And did you put it on the coop? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom