4 wk old Black Copper Marans (2 to compare) boy & girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by my4ladies, Jun 3, 2012.

1. my4ladies

my4ladies Songster

Jul 4, 2010
    These chicks are a tad bit older than 4 wks. There are some differences between the two. I personally think they are boy and girl, but I'd like some other opinions too.

This is the first one, we'll call it Frank.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the second one, hmmm.... how about Francesca? (Standing on the box). You can see the copper on this one, while Frank has none, if that helps decipher gender.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    i think two boys Frank comb and wattles give him away and if the other already as color its probably a roo too as hens get color later than the boys do.

3. silkiemelon

silkiemelon Songster

Apr 11, 2012
    Washington
    x2

4. my4ladies

my4ladies Songster

Jul 4, 2010
    Thank you. They must be re-homed then. Fine by me... I don't think they're the best quality IMO...but then again, I've never had BCM; maybe they're just ugly as chicks ; )

5. yorklady

yorklady Chirping

May 12, 2012
    Gosh, I have a BCM that is 4 weeks old and his/her comb is not at all pronounced and no sign of wattles. Actually he/she is my favorite chickie and I named him Samson hoping for a cockrel to replace our meanie roo but I think Samson may just be a Sammi! Only time will tell!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: