4 wk old Salmon Faverolle, gender?

my4ladies

Songster
9 Years
Jul 4, 2010
I've never owned this breed before. Do they fall into the easy-to-tell-gender category or hard-to-tell?

So I chose bad pics, lol. Here are two more. Can you tell from these whether it's a boy or girl?

If it has pink legs with 5 toes and fuzz down the side, it is a salmon fav and it would be a boy.
You can distinquish the boys from girls by the color they feather in
Oh, and yes it does have 5 toes...so this is a boy? : ( It's that easy with them?...5 toes boy, 4 toes girl?

Looks like a boy to me, let me upload a couple of my pics to compare.
*Edit*
Uploading wasn't working well for me.... Both genders should have 5 toes on each foot
Boy, age 6-7 weeks

Boy, 8 weeks - this one is my little freak, wonderful color at this age but his legs are yellow

Girl, 10 weeks

Last edited:
Oh, gotcha on the toes thing. Yeah, I knew it was a Salmon Faverolle, just unsure of the gender. Thanks for posting your pics. I think mine has a lot of dark in it and it looks like your girl has nearly none.

It's a roo. Here is a pic of my 8 week old faverolles pair Boba and Sintas, you can definitely tell by now. If there are any nearly black feathers, it's usually a roo. These guys are so cool, my guys are so mellow and weird, I just want a whole flock of them lol

Back
Top Bottom