4 wks Cream legbar cockerel or EE?

chickengoesmeow

Songster
Feb 5, 2021
I have a chick who I was sure was a cream legbar when she hatched, but as she has gotten older I'm starting to doubt that. She looked just like a cream legbar pullet when she was a baby, but she is feathering out way different than a cream legbar pullet. I don't have a picture, but her legs are yellow with a green tinge to her feet. I know that cream legbar cockerels are barred but I've never seen one in person. She is also feathering out way slower than the others (every single EE I have hatched has been a slow featherer) but she doesn't have a beard. I have two roosters, one white legbar roo (who I think is the father) and one EE roo. I also have a beardless EE which is my prime suspect for mother, although it could also be one of my legbar hens.

If she is an EE, I think she is a pullet. She is the smallest chick, has the smallest comb, and has a very non rooster attitude. My white legbar roo (probably the dad) was obviously a rooster by 4 wks and was crowing by 6, so if she was a rooster I think she would've shown signs by now.

IMG_7486.jpeg
IMG_7484.jpeg
download.jpg

white legbar chick for reference
IMG_7489.jpeg

Also, neither of them have crests which is weird. They are starting to grow head feathers and my other legbars had hints of a crest by 2 weeks. It's strange but i know for sure the white one is a legbar, so I'm not worrying too much about it.

I have 2 Creme Legbar pullets at the same age and they look so similar to yours! I will post some pictures of my lovely girlies so you can compare :)

Edit: I looked at the original posting date and can see this was near a month ago, so you probably know by now :D

Back
Top Bottom