400 chicks sold in 3 hrs. UPDATE post 10: Paper interested in story!

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
I live in the city. The nearest feed store is in what used to be nothing but farmland but is now the "historic downtown" of a neighboring city.

I called the feedstore around 10a and asked if they had chicks.

Yes.

DBF met the DBF of another BYC-ers, coffeelady3, at said feed store at 4:30.

Of the 400 chick shipment, just 5 BOs and a few turkeys remainded.

Next week we're going to be banging on the door to be let in when the store opens!!

Last edited:
It's a bird
NO
It's a plane
NO
It's... It's
(sniffs the air looks at plants)
SPRING

woot.gif

woot.gif

When I went to the local feed store (an urban one) a week and half ago for my chicks I got my pick of about 100 layers when I got there. I was there at about 4 pm a hour before they closed, and I was told they've just gotten there an hour or two before I got there.

The next day I went in to get some of the Aqua- blue (or what ever it's called) because one of the chicks was pecking and all the layers were gone. I want to say it was 10:30 am when I came back.

Glad I got mine when I did.

I have pics of my chickens on my screensavers at work. Sometimes patients have to wait in the operatory for me and they see the chickens... It amazes me how many have chickens in the city... and more are getting them and I'm sending all of them to BYC!

My local feedstore sold over 300 point of lay pullets in 3 days. The owner told me in all her years she had never seen anything like it.

UPDATE!!

I thought so much about this & decided to contact the local newspaper about the popularity of chickens.

Yours truly is going to be interviewed AND photographed on 4/20 about her backyard flock.
woot.gif

Good thing I've already started my diet!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom