41 eggs in the incubator and the power went out!

Sunne73

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Last night the power went out while I was at work. When I got home in the morning, the power was back on and the temperature in the incubator was 77, climbing from 72 degrees. The eggs have been in for 5 days and had checked the night before and all were in stages of development but now after being well below the temp they should have been for way too long should I even bother to see if they will hatch, will they have developmental issues if they do hatch due to the cold temps?

We lost power for three hours last week. The temp in the two incubators we had running got down to 75 degrees. Three out of eight eggs in one incubator have hatched as of yesterday with peeping coming from four more. I candled the 14 eggs in the other incubator and have twelve good looking eggs. Two had blood rings. Keep an eye on them. There is still hope!

im not an eggspert

but i would say thats quite a dip and for it to dip that much it must have been out a long time

so the eggsperts can answer better can you find out how long power was out nad what your incubator setup has been

:)

good luck i hope all is ok with them

Wondering how this turned out. I read the mama hen will let her eggs cool periodically but that the first four days are very important for temperature to stay good. That being said we had a power outage the night of the day I placed ours! 41! The temperature dropped dramatically. The power was out at least three hours. Tomorrow is day 7 and I'm checking to see if any are growing because I have an all or nothing attitude lol. Wish us luck!

I am a fairly new chicken lady. I incubated 7 eggs 19 days ago and on the 10th day I too had an electrical outage. I'm unsure how long it was out, but when I awakened the bator temp had fallen to 77 degrees. I was too "chicken" to just throw them out, so they remain in the incubator. I've candled them a couple times and it doesn't look promising, but I only have a couple days left to see if we get any activity. I don't have high hopes. but I'll try again.

Wondering how this turned out. I read the mama hen will let her eggs cool periodically but that the first four days are very important for temperature to stay good. That being said we had a power outage the night of the day I placed ours! 41! The temperature dropped dramatically. The power was out at least three hours. Tomorrow is day 7 and I'm checking to see if any are growing because I have an all or nothing attitude lol. Wish us luck!

I candled 18 as quickly as I could. I didn't want to candle them all because I was scared that the temperature drop in the incubator would be too dramatic. (Taking longer to take them all out and put them in, therefore cooling the bator too much?) Well three were DEFINITELY bad. Probably much more were but if I was unsure, I out them back, (first time incubating and candling). But on a few I definitely saw growth even though the power had gone out before!!! There is hope!

Back
Top Bottom