~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Is it normal to not be able to see much of any movement in Turkey eggs just before hatch? I know that you're not supposed to open the incubator or anything during lockdown but mine doesn't lose humidity or temp when I do it so I did a quick candle. today is day 26 and of the 6 I have in lockdown, I could only see obvious movement in 2 of them. They were developing and strong before lockdown. I did have a temp drop overnight on Sunday night down to 95°. really hoping I didn't lose most of them.

I feel it is quite normal to not see much of any movement that close to hatch day. They are very big filling the egg and not having much room to squirm, they will make movements when they pip and zip then often take long rests

X2...you won't see much movement until they pip internally.

And @Auroradream26, I have 1 of your babies from the tiny pullet eggs out & drying off in the bator. 2 more are pipped & zipping. I'll send pix of the group once everyone is out & dry. I also have 1 of my silkie crosses out & in the brooder & 1 of my ee babies drying in the bator. At least 4 of my brown eggs are pipped & starting to zip. None of these were due until tomorrow.

X2...you won't see much movement until they pip internally.

And @Auroradream26, I have 1 of your babies from the tiny pullet eggs out & drying off in the bator. 2 more are pipped & zipping. I'll send pix of the group once everyone is out & dry. I also have 1 of my silkie crosses out & in the brooder & 1 of my ee babies drying in the bator. At least 4 of my brown eggs are pipped & starting to zip. None of these were due until tomorrow.

Yay! Glad to hear they're starting to pop out! I can't wait to see the pictures :)

It's comforting to know that I probably didn't lose them all. I do know that one has internally pipped already. I've been hearing it in there scratching and wiggling.

Do you guys mind testing out a link for me? I have my Foscam set up in the chicken brooder but I cannot use the external link on my home network. I suspect it is not working so don't be surprised if it doesn't open.

http://cm5590.myfoscam.org:8080

User name: guest
PW: chickencam

I tried it - just 'loading' up until the end of my patience
wink.png

Congratulations to everyone on their babies!
I, OTOH, will not be having babies today. My turkey eggs were all infertile except one; then I had a temp drop sometime between the nights of day 12 and 14; cause unknown. When I checked them, it was only 84, and I don't know how long it was cold - but nobody made it.
I pulled the plug on them on day 16; since I am in the 'more eggs than space' mode, and I had another hatch finish that day, I cleaned out all the incubators and refilled them. Fortunately for me, a majority of the turkeys now in are fertile, and only nine of the Banty eggs were duds! (none of these are pre-sold - I get them ALL if i want!!!
big_smile.png
) More puff balls in another two weeks!!
celebrate.gif

I tried it - just 'loading' up until the end of my patience
wink.png

Congratulations to everyone on their babies!
I, OTOH, will not be having babies today. My turkey eggs were all infertile except one; then I had a temp drop sometime between the nights of day 12 and 14; cause unknown. When I checked them, it was only 84, and I don't know how long it was cold - but nobody made it.
I pulled the plug on them on day 16; since I am in the 'more eggs than space' mode, and I had another hatch finish that day, I cleaned out all the incubators and refilled them. Fortunately for me, a majority of the turkeys now in are fertile, and only nine of the Banty eggs were duds! (none of these are pre-sold - I get them ALL if i want!!!
big_smile.png
) More puff balls in another two weeks!!
celebrate.gif

Thanks for trying it! I suspect the website isn't actually working at all. Sorry to hear your eggs were infertile
sad.png

I think I will try to incorporate a cool down in future hatches. I unintentionally did this with 6 of my black Ameraucana eggs and they hatched out the earliest/cleanest and the most active out of this hatch. I will have to read up on how others have done this.

This stupid incubator is KILLING me! It dropped down to 95 again last night! I got it back up to 98 again but still. I'm so excited for this hatch and it's messing with me :/

Back
Top Bottom