4th Grader gets local chicken ordinance changed for school project...

clap.gif
WAY TO GO! I'm gonna put you all on my blog!
clap.gif

Congratulations! I just found out that I cannot have chickens on my zoning in the county where I live, but in the city you can own unlimitted chickens as long as you keep them clean! I don't know if I will be able to change this or not. right now it isn't looking so hopeful. Does your daughter do any type of chicken legal work for others? LOL

Hi,

Just letting Opa and BYC know the T-shirt and bumper stickers arrived a few days ago. My daughter loves both, and a thank-you note is on it's way to Opa. She's handed bumper stickers out to several 4H families, put them on our cars, and we passed one on to Chuck, who lives near-by.

Thank you for the bumper stickers, and for putting this web-site together. For those of you going to the San Mateo County fair, look for "Nova", the goat, in the animal barn and you'll find us.

- Bruce

This is so cool!

Right now the Girl Scouts of the USA are unveiling a new program designed just for this purpose. It's called "It's your world, Change it!" and follows a leadership model which states that girls should "Discover, Connect, and Take Action". The program helps girls learn more about themselves, how they connect to others in the world, and teaches girls of all ages that they can stick up for the things they believe in.

This little girl would be a wonderful person for local girl scout troops to have come speak about her situation, and how she handled getting things changed. It sounds like she's got a great head on her shoulders! Congratulations, and great job!

Back
Top Bottom