5:30am - Show us your coffee cup, please

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MissPrissy, Nov 8, 2007.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It is almost 5:30 here in central Va. The temp is a brisk 27 degrees. The fire is flickering, the dog is snoring. The coffee is hot.

I drink my coffee from this big cup.
    [​IMG]

In the winter months I drink far too much coffee. There is coffee brewing all day long. Breakfast is usually an entire pot. I know - that's bad. Then I drink coffee off and on through day. I might even drink it at night. I never have trouble sleeping either. Coffee doesn't have that kind of effect one me.

What do you drink yours from?

If you don't drink coffee you can show us what you drink your tea or cocoa or juice or milk in every morning.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I'll have to get a picture but mine doesn't have a chicken on it - it has my other baby on it, my Dachshund! I think it came from Petsmart with a weenie dog on one side and few words about what great dogs they are on the other --I'll get a picture tonght of my cup & my baby & post them. Have a great day -- by the way, mine is folgers and it really is "the best part of waking up" lol!! [​IMG]

3. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Cheers! No picture. It's 6:15 here. My coffee is in the freezer cooling off so I can ice it in a few. The hot stuff irritates my stomach and I've gotten addicted to the cold starbucks stuff - just cost a lot less to ice and flavor my own. Have a great day Prissy & Scrambled. Lynn

4. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    its 625am here...im on my second cup of coffee after being up since 545 to make the kids porridge..nice warm breakfast before school! Im drinking my second cup out of my son's spongebob cup !LOL!

I bought the starbucks winter brew beans and ground them...much cheaper than buying it by the cup and its really very nice.

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I dont have a chicken cup [​IMG] Oh....and its 22 degrees .........poor chickies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Don't drink coffee, it's mean to my tummy - I'm a tea tottler! I drink East Frisian blend tea, it's a strong, full leaf tea I get from . It's a hearty cuppa!

7. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    It's 7:30 and a brisk 30 something here in SW Ohio! I made half a pot bout an hour ago. I drink it out of whatever is clean! However, I wanna chicken cup!! I usually drink only 1 cup in the morning due to the tummy issues, but I can drink 3 or 4 cups in the evening with no problem! We love our Folgers Custom Roast! We've tried the Lively Columbian too and its good, but has a taste of roasted peppers to me! Like eating pizza while drinking your coffee, weird!

8. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    Thanks for the info! I really want the chick/rooster set! Then me and DH can drink together with them!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My morning caffiene comes in a can and is spelled P-E-P-S-I!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by