5-6 week old Easter Egger Gender?

Adenium

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Connecticut
Reposting here to try to get some more opinions....
Hi guys,
I've read through a lot of this thread and unfortunately I think I managed to get 2 cockerels when I picked from the Easter Egger pullet bin at the feed store (our first and only EEs). They're about 5 weeks old. Here's the first one, White Owl:

Right in the middle:

On the right below:

The comb and color pattern looks non-suspicious to me so far, but I'm very worried about the big legs, the pointy tail, and the usually very upright stance. I don't have much comparison, as the other EE looks similar and the other chicks are cochin bantams and an OEGB.
Is there any real hope?

Last edited:
They are both definitely pullets. A cockerel wouldn't get that color pattern, and you'd see a lot redder, wider combs.

Thank you all so very very much! We'd be in a big heap of trouble with boys, as our flock is mostly bantams and we don't want them stomped on by big roosters. I'll breathe a full sigh of relief when they pop out eggs, but this makes me feel much more hopeful.

Reposting here to try to get some more opinions....
Hi guys,
I've read through a lot of this thread and unfortunately I think I managed to get 2 cockerels when I picked from the Easter Egger pullet bin at the feed store (our first and only EEs). They're about 5 weeks old. Here's the first one, White Owl:

Right in the middle:

On the right below:

The comb and color pattern looks non-suspicious to me so far, but I'm very worried about the big legs, the pointy tail, and the usually very upright stance. I don't have much comparison, as the other EE looks similar and the other chicks are cochin bantams and an OEGB.
Is there any real hope?
Your White Owl looks just like one of mine! My kids named it Mr. Owl when we received it as a hatchling. Turns out, it's Mrs. Owl, but I call her Owlie. :)

Back
Top Bottom