5-6 weekvold looks like 2 week old

View attachment 2669416
Shes doing fairly well. She had a slight impaction of her crop we were able to clear it. We fed her a diet of baby bird food and chick scratch made into a paste for about a week then got her going on a crumble her growth is still slow but shes pushing out some adult feathers and still has strong spirits we are very hopeful for her. She is still separated from the other girls and sleeps in the house at night in a warm tote.
That's so good to hear, I love it!! I have a couple birds that are growing at weird speeds and some birds from the same pen at the store, looking like they're weeks apart in age when they're the same age. One I thought would never grow up, he had really bad pasty butt and so I had to clean him several times a day, I thought maybe the stress from that kept him little. He was also supposed to be a lady, and is still smaller than the other girls in his flock, but was the first bird I picked out and so he's a couple days older than half the flock, I bought at 4 different times to complete my 9 birds haha. Once I started I couldn't stop, I have 2 still in the brooder at a week old, one with a missing eye and scissor beak and a friend for her. The rest are outside now. Keep us updated haha! Thanks!

Sounds very similar to this little girl it all started as pasty butt. She quickly went down hill dispite our efforts the crop impaction was taking a toll on her. Keep it up i highly recommend a baby bird food its very nutrient dense. I also fed her a little papaya with every other meal she loved it. Good luck with your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom