5 and 1/2 days late but peeping. HELP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PiratePrincess, May 30, 2011.

1. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    5/25 at 9pm was exactly 21 days. 4 chicks hatched within 12 hours prior and after that time. Yesterday I went to toss the remaining 6 eggs. Before I ddi that I did a float test. OMG one of the eggs started bobbing around like a bobber with a fish on the line and it was PEEPING! I immediately put it back in the incubator and put in warm water to increase the humidity. Now what? I know conventional wisdom says wait but it's been almost 6 days now. It is eating at my heart to think it's maybe stuck and suffering. There is no signs of any pipping. What do I do?

2. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    i am no chicken doctor but if your brave break back a little of the shell at a tme it might need help i know they say not to but i have and all is well.
    praynig all is well [​IMG]
    let us know the out come.

3. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    If I decide to help, and I am not sure yet what to do, where do I start chipping away at the shell, what end or in the middle like they do when they unzip themselves?

4. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    I would do it at the air cell so then you don't have to worry about rupturing any veins and make it bleed to death.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by