5 and 6 week old bbs orpington eggs hatched w00t! photo

Ahh shipped eggs are such a total gamble... Sometimes you win, sometimes abject failure.

My latest batch of shipped eggs came with one broken and the rest of the others with air cell damage. So those are being resent.

But I've had great and good and failed hatches from shipped eggs all along. Getting where I can begin to tell by the amount air cell damage whether there's a point to it or not but sometimes they surprise me.

If I had room for another breed BBS orps would be right up there. Though I may have lost my soul to LF Dark Brahmas.

Quote:
Ha ha.
big_smile.png
I have a small container garden that I made out of old pots and such, and for years my kids have called it "Mom's Pot Garden".

And the chicks are lovely.

Catherine

w00t

w00t was originally an acronym for "we owned other team" but used 1337$p34|< for some of the letters(w00t instead of woot). It is now commonly used as an interjection of joy.

"w00t! I pwn3d j00!"
"Oh! You see that hs??!?! W00T4G3!"

Quote:
I totally understand...
caf.gif
I'm ready to pull the plug on the incubator(s)...

Congratulations on your hatch... beautiful babies, as usual!
thumbsup.gif

If the folks in California want BBS Orps, they need to talk to MISSPRISSY! When you can get her eggs you get results! The are always fertile and packed well enough to allow the USPS to play their normal game of footbox! LOL!! Great results! Beautiful birds!

Congrats on the hatch. It is amazing the age the egg can be and still hatch. Very pretty splash babies.
I have been going to turn the bator off for two months now. It is official around here that I will not put anymore in the bator until late fall.
I too am tired of brooding babies. Too hot here.

Back
Top Bottom