5 day age difference with 2 chicks

Incubator chicks! I need to keep them separated..the older one is aggressive to a much smaller one..I only put them together when I supervise..one is in a clawfoot tub with brooder heater other in cardboard box with heat lamp..2.5 to approx 1 3/4 weeks old.. I’ve tried switching up living accommodations for a few hours.
Any helpful ideas would be appreciated!

Attachments

• F1DAAA3B-ADD0-4F72-AF04-B4636CC69D2B.jpeg
    F1DAAA3B-ADD0-4F72-AF04-B4636CC69D2B.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 68
Do you have a way you can let them see and hear each other but not touch for a couple days? Maybe a wire hamster cage or something? That can help them acclimate.

And a little pecking is normal as they establish a pecking order (pun intended)…I usually supervise and “peck back” with my finger if one is being a bit of a bully. Figure that’s how mama hen would reprimand a chick? 🤷‍♀️

But if you did the wire divider for a fee days, little chick should also have some time to get past the slow stupid baby floof phase so she can hold her own better.

Do you have a way you can let them see and hear each other but not touch for a couple days? Maybe a wire hamster cage or something? That can help them acclimate.

And a little pecking is normal as they establish a pecking order (pun intended)…I usually supervise and “peck back” with my finger if one is being a bit of a bully. Figure that’s how mama hen would reprimand a chick? 🤷‍♀️

But if you did the wire divider for a fee days, little chick should also have some time to get past the slow stupid baby floof phase so she can hold her own better.

Attachments

• 900A8BC5-9287-4C97-9141-BB71FD2CA096.jpeg
    900A8BC5-9287-4C97-9141-BB71FD2CA096.jpeg
    656.5 KB · Views: 5
Looks good to me! So they both can hang out near each other, have heat and food and water, but no fighting. ❤️

Maybe try a little supervised play time if they seem to be chill about each other when the divider is in place

Back
Top Bottom