5 day old chick in a coma? HELP!

try my chick cpr

Hairdryer warm her up fast (like 10 mins)

Drops of sugar water from syringe not a lot so she doesn’t choke

try my chick cpr

Hairdryer warm her up fast (like 10 mins)

Drops of sugar water from syringe not a lot so she doesn’t choke
she was under a heat lamp for hours, and i gave her plenty of egg yolk/water, but nothing like that seemed to help. im afraid she may already be dead...

UPDATE:

this morning the chick is still not stiff :/ she hasn't moved, and her eyes are a bit sunken in this morning, but she still isn't that cold either. i'm positive she's dead, but without her being cold/stiff i'm not sure if i should bury her... My worst fear is burying a chick or any animal alive, so this is stressing me out. is it possible she just won't get stiff? anyone have any ideas? she smells a bit, but that may be from the pasty butt... i cleaned it off but still, it lingers... HELP!
If her eyes are sunken in, she's dehydrating as she's dead. I'm sorry. They'll appear "warm" due to the heat lamp, but even a sick chick will move a little bit and yours hasn't moved a smidge.

I'm really sorry. I recently had one die too and out of several hundred hatched chicks, that was the first one in years. It was hard but it happens to no fault of ours. :hugs

If her eyes are sunken in, she's dehydrating as she's dead. I'm sorry. They'll appear "warm" due to the heat lamp, but even a sick chick will move a little bit and yours hasn't moved a smidge.

I'm really sorry. I recently had one die too and out of several hundred hatched chicks, that was the first one in years. It was hard but it happens to no fault of ours. :hugs
we are burying her. thank you for your kind words. :')

she was under a heat lamp for hours, and i gave her plenty of egg yolk/water, but nothing like that seemed to help. im afraid she may already be dead...
I get it! I’m sorry I hate loosing chicks :(. The hairdryer has brought back chicks I swore were dead. You did everything you could and your so kind.

We buried the chick, by our garden, and placed a tulip on her grave. Thank y'all so much for all the help! we named her Freddie (i really don't know why :') ) and hopefully none of her siblings contract whatever happened to her...

We buried the chick, by our garden, and placed a tulip on her grave. Thank y'all so much for all the help! we named her Freddie (i really don't know why :') ) and hopefully none of her siblings contract whatever happened to her...
That’s very sweet. I’ve always given mine names as well. I hope the rest of your chicks grow to be happy, healthy chickens. ❤️ Rest peacefully, tiny Freddie.

Back
Top Bottom