5 Day Old Still Not Eating Starter

I wish I had Floppy's ability to ignore all the yummy food.
lau.gif
I'm REALLY glad he/she has decided to eat!!

I'll still make sure she has her egg yolk to make sure she definitely is eating everyday and last night wasn't just a fluke.
I really do hope she's a she... I'm not keeping any Speckled Sussex roos and I'd hate for her to be a him and become supper after all of this.
sad.png

It seems like all my problem chicks have been girls so far, so maybe it will continue that way!

I have a little one who is small and peeps a lot. She is with a broody, so it is hard to keep track of what she is or is not eating and drinking. She is suddenly so much smaller than her siblings! I make sure she gets more than her share of egg yolk when I take some out to the rest of the brood. She had a bit of pasty butt (I thought the momma hens were supposed to keep that cleaned up?) yesterday, so hopefully she is feeling better today now that is cleaned up. I think, being smaller than the rest, she is getting chilled. She is trying to get under momma all the time, and when that fails, under one of the other chicks. I have two unrelated chicks that I failed to get the momma to adopt, so I am thinking about adding her in with those so she can get under the brooder light where it is warmer. I did see her eating chick starter this AM, so I know she is getting something.

Back
Top Bottom