5 days and I'm already torturing myself

MNmommy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
central MN
I got 12 s/r bantam chicks on monday and I am having so much fun watching them and holding them. I just sit in front of their brooder for hours and smile. I am so loving them already but there lies the torture....I am stressing out thinking of the 12 I'll end up with all roos!!!. I keep over analyzing everything and compare them and one minute I say oh maybe she is a hen but 2 minutes later oh boy that has to be a rooster!!! I know I have a good 4-6 weeks before we can really tell or maybe longer with a few of the silkies. I can't believe how fast they grow and change they are starting to get some wing feathers and some tail feathers it is all just so exciting!!! People don't know what they are missing out that have never had a chick!

lau.gif
I was and still am the same way. I swore one of mine was a roo until "he" laid an egg
gig.gif

i have been doing that too. i knew my standards were pullets but all my bantams were from a straightrun. i ended up with 4 of my 6 banty's being roo's. i am keeping 2 though bc i cant part with them lol.

Back
Top Bottom