1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 eggs from 3 chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Imp, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I've always been interested in the odd egg laying stories. Never had anything happen to me though.
    Well, last night I found 5 eggs from 3 chickens. Both EEs layed 2 eggs yesterday.
    On Saturday I got just 1 cream colored egg from the Sicilian buttercup, nothing from the EEs.
    Sunday I found 2 green eggs and 2 brown eggs, 1 cream egg.

[​IMG]

Imp has super chickens [​IMG]

2. slabcrappy

slabcrappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Orchard Park, NY
    I don't know the science behind all of this egg laying stuff, BUT I will say that I have collected 7 eggs from my 6 girls a couple times in the past. Maybe they get "stuck" in the canal and push out 2 eggs some days? This is my thoughts on it for what they are worth.

Sal

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I once had a "Pearl Leghorn" (don't know how that differs from a run-of-the-mill "White Leghorn") that laid 3 eggs every 2 days for months. She didn't lay 2 at once; I would pick up one in the morning as usual, and there would be a second one in her nest later in the day. I guess some chickens are just over-achievers![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by