5 free juvenile ducks to good home (in rhode island) pick up only

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoors5to1

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Sooo I Didnt have the ability to stop my broody this summer from sitting on eggs... she hatched out 5: 3 girls, 2 boys. they are all juveniles at the moment and have yet to start laying eggs. Im pretty sure they are a mix of fawn/white runner and chocolate runner (or grey runner). they are not show quality runners, moreso considered "fat runners". nonetheless they are super cute with greyish bodies, random brown spots/feathers, and white chest and face patches. They usually come when called (clapping or yelling) and im guessing they are related, I have no idea really. I am looking for homes as my duck house is only so big, i really wanted to keep another duck or two, but i hate to seperate the five because they are inseperable.. so i'd like to keep my original 5 and gift these 5 to someone who has more land and room than i have (3.5 acres). My only concerns is making sure they go to a home with someone experienced with ducks, and a forever home.. i dont want them eaten or neglected obviously! thanks for reading.. I am located in North kingstown, Rhode island, pick up only. please write me back here and we will discuss further before i give out my number. thanks again
here are the ducks
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

these are the two boys, they have darker faces and are a little bigger than the girls:
DSC00500.jpg

and as babies, irresistably cute!
DSC00455-2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, they adorable, especially the babies. I would love them, but I live on the other coast. Plus, I have not owned my own ducks before, so I wouldn't qualify.

Hi. We are in MA - I mapquested North Kingstown and its about a 50 min drive for us but we would be interested in the ducks. We currently have 10 chickens, and are planning on getting some babies in the spring. And we have 6 pekin duck eggs in the incubator due to go to lockdown on Oct. 25th. We are in the process of clearing out some of our wooded area in the back and would LOVE to talk more to you about us taking your ducks. I think they would be happy here.

thanks gofasterstripe they are super cute, i never expected them to look the way they do..
desertdarlene your post made me regret my choice of picky wording!
he.gif
i didnt want to make it like some people wouldnt qualify ! i just would prefer someone who had experience with ducks rather than someone who didnt... ONLY because ive had ducks come back to me before. ducks are so different than chickens with thier huge water needs and messy habits, i just wanted to make sure that who received them knew what to expect... LOL
ep.gif

but i want to mention anyone who can provide a forever home is a candidate!!
they are super cute, and i forgot to mention one of the males was born with a toe deformity, one of his outer toes is bent backwards ish.. hard to explain. But its yet to impede on his ability to run and keep up with all the others.
DaveKrista, mass. sounds nice you must have a great peice of land, have you had or have ducks? you sound like a great candidate for the group, you are not too far, and wooded areas are great they love digging thier beaks around the leaves, haha. Please inform me if you are prepared now to have the ducks? (shelter, food, and what have you, etc.) I agree i think they would be happy there from what little i've heard! thanks for replying. hope to hear back from you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom