5 month roo wheezing, sneezing and foam poop.

Moonchildgypsy

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2020
Orangevale, Ca
Yesterday morning I woke up to a squeaky roo. Clean face and nasal. Seems alittle tired, he usually is trying to get laided and will put up a fight but not today. He has pooped 2 quarter size yellowand white foam. He is eating and seems mornings are the worst for him. He breathing is squeaky in the morning and right before bed. He seemed to only sneeze yesterday. Suggestion on what I should do? I did try to separate him but he is quick.

Attachments

• 20200723_101306.jpg
    20200723_101306.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 3
  • img1595378650049.jpg
    img1595378650049.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 2
How long have you had him and your other chickens? How often does he sneeze? Does anyone else sneeze often, not including an occasional sneeze when eating chicken feed?

How long have you had him and your other chickens? How often does he sneeze? Does anyone else sneeze often, not including an occasional sneeze when eating chicken feed?
Have had him since birth. He has never sneezed. No one else is have issues. He is like this coming out of coop. I am going to spray it down and get new bedding today, just thought of that.

Dust in feed or the coop, mold, pollen, and other environmental things can cause sneezing. I havw dealt with infectious bronchitis virus several years ago, and it caused repeated sneezing every few minutes, and affected most of my flock eventually. It probably came from wild birds. There are other respiratory diseases from virus, some from bacteria, and one from mold, and you can read this link about those:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Back
Top Bottom