5 Toed Feather Footed Chicken?

Griffin Nest

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 7, 2010
I have hatched a 5-toed brown patterned chick from shipped eggs from someone with a mixed flock and I don't know what breed it could be! It also has feathers on its feet.

If it is from a mixed flock then it is a mixed breed. We need pictures to have any ideas on possible parentage. Only a few breeds have 5 toes - silkies, houdans, faverolles, sultans and dorkings - so one parent is likely one of those.

Last edited:
If it is from a mixed flock then it is a mixed breed. We need pictures to have any ideas on possible parentage. Only a few breeds have 5 toes - silkies, houdans, faverolles, sultans and dorkings - so one parent is likely one of those.
x2

X3

Agreed - photos will help, you may also want to ask the person from whom you purchased the eggs which of these breeds they have in their flock.

I also recently bought 2 chicks at Atwood's and they have 5 toes with feathers on their legs and a top-not or tuft on their head. They are solid white. Any guesses as to their bread would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom