5 vets

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
I live in a rural area with lots of farms and farm animals around.
I had to call FIVE vets before I found one that will look at a duck.

Ok, vet #2 might have as the woman answering said she thought she'd seen a duck in the office before, but that vet wasn't in today, we could call tomorrow to check.
Vet #4 said it depended on what was wrong with the duck - explained and they suggested vet 5.

So we'll figure out what is up with Blue's wing tomorrow.

I met a young lady thinking of going to veterinary school and she said she either wanted to do birds or other small animals. I told her that she should really consider being a bird vet because there's such a shortage of them and other people knowledge about bird issues. I hope she goes that direction.

Found an exotics vet in Pensacola as well that has worked on everything and decided small animal and exotics were where she wanted to focus.

Back from the vet with Blue.
She will chase a doberman and a dane, but she's afraid of a tiny little kitten. Vet did the exam on the floor in the waiting room where there were a few kittens running around.

Said she likely has a broken wing and to wrap it and keep her confined and alone for a month so the others don't land on her. The ducks don't rough house and she doesn't use her wing, so I'm not worried about confining her for a month. And the wrap the vet did on her wing, was sliding down her back when I took her out of the duck carrier when we got home.

Oh lordy...Blue, what have you been up to. You know fine well not to shake, rattle and roll the bandage off.
Looks like your going to have to put it on a bit tighter.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom