5 week Barnevelder pullets?

I am probably updating too much, but here they are at 8 weeks. I don't find the comb of the darker Barnevelder bigger than the lighter, but it is noticeably darker. Not red, but darker. (but it has always been a little darker - not sure if that makes a difference). I'm still leaning pullet, but some expert eyes are appreciated.

Attachments

• BV 1.jpg
    BV 1.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 37
  • BV 2.jpg
    BV 2.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 35
  • BV 3.jpg
    BV 3.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 33
  • BV 4.jpg
    BV 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • BV 5.jpg
    BV 5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • BV 6.jpg
    BV 6.jpg
    939.8 KB · Views: 31
Thank you. Who am I to disagree with experienced eyes? lol. I appreciate the answers and I will stop posting to this thread and leave it alone that they are both pullets for anyone else who has a dark breasted Barnevelder girl and is scouring this site for answers lol.

I may add photos when they are completely mature just for reference.

Thank you. Who am I to disagree with experienced eyes? lol. I appreciate the answers and I will stop posting to this thread and leave it alone that they are both pullets for anyone else who has a dark breasted Barnevelder girl and is scouring this site for answers lol.

I may add photos when they are completely mature just for reference.
You don't have to stop posting updates. That's what the forum is for. It's fun to see how they mature.

How did they end up?!!
They are both pullets! I wish I had updated photos because they have filled out much more since these photos 6 weeks ago (they are 20 weeks pictured here, they are 26 weeks now). The orange/brown that was coming through on their necks have all blended in with much more black. Their combs and wattles are a lot redder now and they just over-all are much more gorgeous. Not laying yet, but they’ve been checking out the nest boxes so hopefully soon. Good thing they’re nice eye candy lol!
First photo is the one that kept me guessing.
A4B72B14-9441-4B26-AA94-E4457A73C8C8.jpeg
1B353C88-5B93-4D84-8796-164F56A40827.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom