5 Week Old Barred Rock - Pullet or Cockerel?

Welp, its confirmed!  Harley is a Rooster :)  The last two times I saw him in the morning he's made his ill faded attempt at a cock-a-doodle-do!  He sounds like a boy going through a voice change.  It sounds hilarious.  He is only 5 weeks old...is that when they start trying to wake everyone up????
Never in my experience, but once they start, they don't stop lol.

Still not ready to say this chick is a boy.
_MG_8044.jpg
_MG_8024.jpg
_MG_8018.jpg
_MG_8027.jpg
The boy is VERY obvious!
_MG_7803.jpg

Last edited:
i'm hoping that's a pullet for you. she's lovely...
i ended up with just the one BR girl.but she's a doll, so i think we lucked out.
on the bad side, the one BR roo is so handsome and still so sweet, but he's finding a new home today.
please keep giving updates about this one.
until i hear otherwise, i'm still voting pullet.

i'm hoping that's a pullet for you. she's lovely...
i ended up with just the one BR girl.but she's a doll, so i think we lucked out.

on the bad side, the one BR roo is so handsome and still so sweet, but he's finding a new home today.
please keep giving updates about this one.
until i hear otherwise, i'm still voting pullet.

If this one is a roo, I will be tempted to keep him. I am very much hoping it's a girl though. The barring is nicer than my full grown barred rocks, and she's only 6 weeks old. The comb hasn't gotten any bigger or redder, and it's not much bigger than the obvious girls. The boy really has obvious male features.

I will update this weekend - they will be 7 weeks old!

If this one is a roo, I will be tempted to keep him. I am very much hoping it's a girl though. The barring is nicer than my full grown barred rocks, and she's only 6 weeks old. The comb hasn't gotten any bigger or redder, and it's not much bigger than the obvious girls. The boy really has obvious male features.

i'm excited to see how things progress. i am quite smitten with your flock
love.gif

i'll be looking to your blog as well. (love the new babies rosa & tilly)
our original 6 turned 7 weeks last saturday! (we still have 3)

Last edited:

My little Roo is 5 weeks and his comb is RED and much bigger than your "boy in question". Harley's comb is bigger than the other two 7 week old pullets in with him. MUCH bigger!

Here is Harley...the boy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom