5 week old Frizzle Crowing!!?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by carolina chicky, Sep 26, 2009.

1. carolina chicky

carolina chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    South Carolina
    I have three 5 week old Frizzle Chicks that I bought from an auction a few weeks ago. They are in the garage and a few minutes ago I was outside and heard a weird noise. I went in the garage and the roo of the bunch was on the roost, standing proud, and letting out the cutest little crow. Well, it didn't sound like a normal crow of course, but I am sure thats what he was doing. He did it about 7 times and then quit.
    I was wondering if this is normal to crow at this young age?

2. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I had a little silkie chick and a barred rock bantam chick that were around 6wks old and were crowing. I didn't know what that noise was they were making...like a screeching sound and my husband said "he's crowing"

3. nature nut

nature nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    Awwww!!! How cute! You should try to get a video to post. [​IMG]

4. carolina chicky

carolina chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    South Carolina
    Yeah, I tried but he got shy when I tried, lol. I am gonna keep trying.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Love it when they crow early. I had a black Ameraucana cockerel who was crowing in the brooder at FIVE DAYS old! Tried and tried to catch him on camera and all I managed to do was get him stretching his neck out a bit. Don't have a video camera that works, dang it.

6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I also had a bantam barred rock that crowed as a chick. Always made me smile whenever he did it. [​IMG]

7. peachesdeese

peachesdeese Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Lancaster, SC
    Whew... I thought I had a weird frizzle baby! Mine started crowing at 5 weeks too! LOL!

8. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    One of my little sizzles crowed the other day, he was 28 days old!! He did it about five times in a row and has not crowed since! I hope he starts again![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by