5 week old Frizzle Crowing!!?

carolina chicky

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
South Carolina
I have three 5 week old Frizzle Chicks that I bought from an auction a few weeks ago. They are in the garage and a few minutes ago I was outside and heard a weird noise. I went in the garage and the roo of the bunch was on the roost, standing proud, and letting out the cutest little crow. Well, it didn't sound like a normal crow of course, but I am sure thats what he was doing. He did it about 7 times and then quit.
I was wondering if this is normal to crow at this young age?

Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NE Ohio
I had a little silkie chick and a barred rock bantam chick that were around 6wks old and were crowing. I didn't know what that noise was they were making...like a screeching sound and my husband said "he's crowing"

nature nut

Songster
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
Awwww!!! How cute! You should try to get a video to post.
big_smile.png

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Love it when they crow early. I had a black Ameraucana cockerel who was crowing in the brooder at FIVE DAYS old! Tried and tried to catch him on camera and all I managed to do was get him stretching his neck out a bit. Don't have a video camera that works, dang it.

patyrdz

The Madd Hatcher
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Southern Pines, NC
One of my little sizzles crowed the other day, he was 28 days old!! He did it about five times in a row and has not crowed since! I hope he starts again!
big_smile.png

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom