5 week old. Possible Americauna?

Ameriwhatta

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2019
My son brought home a dozen eggs from the farmers market, and hatched them under his hen! Any thoughts on the breed and gender of this one? Hatched out of a pale blue egg.

Attachments

• 227F8785-60E4-4D4D-BA38-C014884960A3.jpeg
    227F8785-60E4-4D4D-BA38-C014884960A3.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 41
My son brought home a dozen eggs from the farmers market, and hatched them under his hen! Any thoughts on the breed and gender of this one?
It doesn't look like a full blooded Amerecuana but Easter Eggers are a mixed breed and they usually have the muffs of the Amerecuana, not sure how old it is but to me it looks like a pullet as I raise Easter Eggers their coloring can be quite different as they are crosses, as it ages you should be able to tell more what the exact cross is, mine are a Amerecuana roo on Rhode Island Red but the chicken tend to be lighter colored with that particular cross, you will love them though, they are pretty docile if handled from a young chick

Last edited:
It doesn't look like a full blooded Amerecuana but eater eggers are a mixed breed and they usually have the muffs of the Amerecuana, not sure how old it is but to me it looks like a pullet as I raise Easter eggers
So glad to hear it looks like a pullet! It’s just almost 6 weeks old in this pic.

It doesn't look like a full blooded Amerecuana but Easter Eggers are a mixed breed and they usually have the muffs of the Amerecuana, not sure how old it is but to me it looks like a pullet as I raise Easter Eggers their coloring can be quite different as they are crosses, as it ages you should be able to tell more what the exact cross is, mine are a Amerecuana roo on Rhode Island Red but the chicken tend to be lighter colored with that particular cross, you will love them though, they are pretty docile if handled from a young chick
The spelling you're looking for is Ameraucana. Agreed Easter Egger pullet

lol had been outta coffee for a couple hours and to late to be drinking anymore, sorry for the typonese bothering ya lol

I do try to refrain from it if it gets to bad cause then it looks like the aliens from MIB are typing lol
I only correct spelling on this breed in particular simply due to how often it's done by hatcheries either due to a lack of knowledge or ethics. Otherwise I wouldn't bother

Back
Top Bottom