5 weeks and counting...

I had 17 and processed 7 about 1.5 weeks ago. They were about 4 weeks old and weighted 2 lbs cleaned.

Here is beforehand, I seperated them from the remaining 10 the night before.

Don't really have any during pics, these were the first 2. I overscalded the first (hence the torn skin) decided I'd try skinning the second.

And after they were all done.

I slit throats outside then brought them indoors. The weather has been unseasonably warm down here and I did not want to process in 80 degrees.

The feathers come out VERY easily. At this age there were alot of pin feathers which weren't too bad to remove. I will process the remaining in a few weeks.

NIce looking birds
celebrate.gif

I had 17 and processed 7 about 1.5 weeks ago. They were about 4 weeks old and weighted 2 lbs cleaned.

Here is beforehand, I seperated them from the remaining 10 the night before.

Don't really have any during pics, these were the first 2. I overscalded the first (hence the torn skin) decided I'd try skinning the second.

And after they were all done.

I slit throats outside then brought them indoors. The weather has been unseasonably warm down here and I did not want to process in 80 degrees.

The feathers come out VERY easily. At this age there were alot of pin feathers which weren't too bad to remove. I will process the remaining in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom