5 wek=ek old chicks feathers everywhere but kneck and under wings canI

MSH

Chirping
8 Years
May 4, 2011
Cleveland , Georgia
I am wondering if my 5 week old OEGB chicks can move outside with a light ? I can build them a small pen / box inside the coup and put a light with them they have feathers everywhere but their necks and under their wings . we live in north GA so it's cold up to 48F today tonight they're saying it will get down to 31F they are flying around my living room and stinkin it up lol I clean the brooder out once a day and it still stinks fixin to clean it out 2nd time today lol

I moved my 5 week old silkes into a 4 x 4 brooder I built in my unheated main coop last week. They're doing just fine. They run around normally and when they get cold, stand under the lights (I have 3 up because there are 30 silkies).

We moved ours out the day before Christmas. The day they turned 4 weeks old. We built a pen and put the brooder inside it with an open door. The brooder still has a lamp on thermastat in it set at 75 degrees. They seem just fine. They love going in and out and they run in and warm up when they need to. And you are right, at 4 weeks the stenchiness is awful.

I'm glad someone posted this because I have two silkies and a sizzle that are a month Friday. I plan to put them outside soon with a 250 watt bulb that hangs diagonally so their brooder stays at a warm temperature because the coop is a shed. Should this be alright? I hope to get them out and integrated by 2-3 months. All my other chicken's would easily accept them.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom