5 Year Old Barber

Here's an idea. Cut her hair or shave the big sister's head.

Ok, so I don't have children, but I can guarantee that's what my mother would have done to me.

I would take everything out of her bedroom, except her bed, bedding and clothes. She would slowly earn her things back. Sibling jealousy can lead to more serious issues. I still have a problem with my 16 yr old being very jealous of my 10 yr old twins.

I would also place anything that can cut, somewhere she can not reach them.

One of my twins was a hair cutter also. Not her own, only her sisters. I removed all scissors from her reach, but she was only 3 at the time. Your child is old enough to climb.

Last edited:
Quote:
I didnt leave that out by design, I was only quoting the first line so people knew which post I was referencing. I also think my brain kind of laft that part out. Yes, I suppose if you have REALLY childproofed the house it could be okay, I just cant think of any homes I know of that are two year old safe. Maybe a room or two with baby gates.

Depends on the kid for the weight requirement. I was in a bouncer till I was almost two according to the pics. Of course, maybe my mom didnt heed the tag. Cant ask her, she's dead. Of course, I'm not even sure there WERE weight requirements then.

Quote:
No, children's services frowns on that. I dont think it's far fetched at all to compare child watching to puppy watching, or even rearing. The people I know with the best behaved kids also have the best behaved dogs. I think it's a matter of a person being able to be a good communicator (even with a being that doesnt exactly speak english), consistent and fair. People get all huffy thinking that calls their kids dogs, but it doesnt. Of course those of us who love dogs wouldnt consider it insulting anyway.

Sorry not great at using the quote function yet.. Only know how to do one per post
sad.png

Yes you are right most homes aren't all saftey proofed... But yes there should be a few rooms with baby gates etc. To make it safe enough to leave a child for a few min. to shower etc.

We have a baby gate at top of stairs.. So kids have hall way upstairs, plus kids rooms to play in while I shower.. (My door is closed as they can't be trusted in there.. And of course I shower with door open.. So I can hear what's going on..

I think when we were kids there were not many saftey regulations were few and far between.. Car seat, bike helmets, smoking in cars.. Yup It's amazing were all still here.
But on a serious note, theses regulations are in place because someones child got hurt or worse..

Also so If I sounded grumpy this am, I hadn't had my coffee yet, and things that shouldn't iratate me really do before the coffee!!

Quote:
OOH! I just figured it out today! I dont know if this is the best way, but I just highlight and copy paste the whole thing then delete out what I dont want. You can do it multiple times if you want to break it up like I did.

I'm with ya on the coffee thing. No problem!

You can highlight and paste? OH I'm so gonna try that...
big_smile.png

OOH! I just figured it out today! I dont know if this is the best way, but I just highlight and copy paste the whole thing then delete out what I dont want. You can do it multiple times if you want to break it up like I did.

I did it yeah, Thank-you
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
By the way love your aveter... Dogs rule
lol.png

Ok Sorry For hijacking OP.. How are things going? I hope a bit better...​

Quote:
Thanks, I made her myself! (I breed anatolians)

I was reading up on them, since i love dogs, and your name is WatchDog" Then I saw the avter and of course had to check out your site
smile.png

I have a German Sheperd.. Not the same thing as yours' but their both bigger dogs..

Anyways love the part where you say iclick here if this is not the breed for you..

And you have Jack Russles Listed.. lol Such a difference.. I like Jack's cause my BFF has one.. But wouldn't take her free puppy.. Just prefer a big dog, better for security around home..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom