5 Years Married , Loved Each other for 30 years

Sorry, didn't get to really tell my story because hubby was breathing over my shoulder! hahaha! I get shy when he does that!
Well, when we met, my parents were trying to get me to break up with the boyfriend I was with at the time. They had friends down the street and the husband was in the Army, so he had some buddies for the weekly Filipino party (my mom and her friend are Filipino)
I was totally not into dating military. My dad was in the Navy and was gone a lot and I didn't like that part of it, but they really wanted me to meet someone with a "real job" (I know it's a real job!!)
So I was eating and my mom calls you know who in and it was really embarrassing for the both of us.. but at one point, we went out for a smoke and he was telling me that my mom was telling him all kinds of stuff about me! At that point, I also realized he was a little tipsy.
So we go back in and everyone is singing karaoke and he's telling me "Babe!! you're singing too fast!"and trying to cuddle with me, and he didn't even know me, and my dad wanted to beat him in with a hammer!
tongue.png

All in all, I didn't really like him at first, but as soon as the relationship I was in got ugly.. I gave him another chance and now we're happily married!
>^.^<

Dh and I met in 1979. We both worked at Frisches. I was a "bus girl", he was a "dish boy" When I would take dishes back to him, he would throw food from the plates at me. I was disgusted! I dreaded working with him. This went on for a few months...when one day I had to go " back there" to get a pie from the freezer. ( by this time I was a waitress, I had " moved up in status" LOL ) Well...when I went into the walk in...the door slammed behind me! It was DH! I said " you better let me out, or im going to really hurt you" ( Me being 5ft 1 him being 6 ft 3) He laughed and said....I will let you out when you agree to go out with me on ONE date. We argued several minutes, me saying " it will be a cold day in heck" Him laughing telling me " its cold in there now" I finally agreed, and he let me out. I cam flying out....with 2 pies...one for the front line, one for him! Hit him smack in the chest with a chocolate pie! We then had a food fight, then a water fight...and had our first date a week later. Almost a year later we were married....and have been married now for 28 years!

Me and my husband met in elemntary school. Hated eachothers guts... Then his family moved away and I was so happy. But then he moved back in our 8th grade year, and became the BEST of friends. Then highschool came, and we were still best friends. He asked me out on a date during our Junior year, that was our first official date. We dated through highschool, and college. The day after college graduation he popped the question. I told him I wouldn't marry him until I got a degree. So he waited. We've been married 8 1/2 years. It'll be 9 years in June. And thanks to him, we have 3 wonderful children, a beautiful home, and too many animals to count
big_smile.png
What would I do without him...

Wow. I love these kind of stories. I still miss my first and really, dare I admit it, best love, very much.

i LOVE these stories. i have a good one. My husband and i were very good friends in college, both in drama classes together. We were in the play Camelot together. i was Lady Sybil and he was Pellinore. But i was in a relationship at the time. Nevertheless, we stayed friends for several years. Then we lost touch. i moved several times, to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, then back to Sacramento. Got married and divorced twice in the process.

Then one day i was contacted by my best friend from elementary school through classmates.com. We got caught up with each other, and i began to wonder about some of my other long lost friends. i started pulling out old pictures and came across one of my buddy from college at a cast party. So i looked up his name on classmates.com and emailed him.

Next day he emailed me back, then we talked on the phone, then we fell in love. He had been married and divorced twice himself, and was living down in Los Angeles. So 4 months after our first email, i moved back down to Los Angeles, and we were married 5 months later. Then 7 years later we moved back to Sacramento, and just celebrated our 8 year anniversary. He is my best friend, and i can't imagine going through life with anyone else.

Life is strange and magical, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom