50 egg hatch on day 17 and what is that!

K&H Chicken Farm

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Redding CA
I just went to look at the temps on my 1202 and saw a egg broken open on the tray. Now I know I have to move them in the morning but a hatch? Looked around and there on the bottom was a little bantam ee all dryed out and fluffy. I pulled the tray and there are 3 more piping! I am sure glad that the Hb 1588 warms up really fast!

I am going through the same thing with my runner duck eggs right now. I went to turn them for the last time and fill the water container all the way. I have chirping and pipping. They are not due to hatch until Sunday.

Good luck

LOL I did not have time to get one! What is funny is I had a power outage for 5 hours on Monday and I thought every one was going to hatch late.
roll.png

I am glad your chicks are hatching and seem to be ok. You may want to check you thermometer against another one. 17 days is pretty early, its sound like you may have a thermometer that is reading a bit to low.

I agree with jimnjay. Get a new thermometer and check the temps in multple areas of the incubator. While it is surprising and fun when they do hatch early it is not a good thing that did hatch early. If you see any issues with chicks in the next couple weeks you will have a fairly good guess it was due to the speedy incubation and early hatch.

Congrats on your chicks.
smile.png

I have heard that sometimes bantams decide to hatch a few days early but I am not sure because I have never hatched them.

Henry

All the standards are just sitting there. It was only a couple of the bantam EE. The other 2 that started to pip have gone no further. I was expecting this hatch to take longer. I had a power outage on monday for 5 hours.
I have about 20 more bantams and the rest are standards. We will see how long this hatch takes.

Well its day 20 and I have a couple pips but only the 2 hatched out on day 17. both are doing great with out problems so far. Any ideas wht I would have just 2 hatch out that early?

Back
Top Bottom