$500 zoning appliation fee???????

Sunne73

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Does this seem right to anyone? It will cost me $500.00 just to apply to make a change to the zoning ordinance in my Township. Is it like this everywhere or do I live in the land of schisters?

Such fees are a way of preventing frivolous requests. Not saying it's a lot of fun, but such a request will require the time of secretaries, paper files, document prep, mailings, etc. Thus the charge. Getting a variance to one's zoning is not a walk in the park. Municipalities are not motivated to do it very often. They follow the "master plan". I wish you well in your pursuit.

Yes it does seem pretty steep. Seems like a fine versus a fee. They are making it difficult, not impossible to "fight city hall. "

I wish you well on this task to obtain the right to have the birds of your choosing on your property.

$500 has to accompany the application, before any secretaries or meetings even take place and they can just veto it and HA HA sucka we got your money! I understand that money talks and there are justifiable fees that may be required for time to make such changes to ordinances but we already pay one of the highest % rates to live in our rural area, don't get any benefits of in-town living like recycle pick-up etc and now I don't even have the right to sustain my family with eggs and milk...I am livid.

Crazy what the fees are when it comes to property stuff. A number of years ago we wanted to shift the line between our two adjacent lots to make them about the same size. Well, the application fee for the type/size of land was 2k+. So we passed.

Back
Top Bottom