?????

Palmer Farm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
i recently got three bannties, they are a year old. i have 2 hens and a roo. the hens have started laying eggs already but they only do one or two times a week and i was wondering if thats just the way bannties lay, or if they arent getting enough sunlight cause i dont have a run for them( i feed them lay mash).

Do you let them free range? If so, they could be laying somewhere else other than the coop. You say you have no run for them, how hot is it inside the coop? Do they have air circulation? All of this could have an effect on egg laying.

A bantam will lay anywhere from 3-5 eggs a week, just depends on the breed. They do not lay as much as full size breed.

*Elite Silkies*: i do let them free range and every once in a while i will find a egg outside, but that would be the only egg they lay for a while, and their coop doors have been replaced with screens so the coop has alot of airflow
thumbsup.gif

Don't have bantams myself, but my mother in law's got quite a few. She says at best her hens would lay maybe 3-4 eggs each over a week. And never two days in a row. If one lays today she'll take tomorrow off.

It depends on the breed. I imagine a bantam leghorn would lay at least an egg every other day, if not every day, but a silkie would only lay a couple a week.

yeah they are sneaky
lol.png
, infact i think when they were outside today my hen layed an egg but i couldnt find it
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom