5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

It'll be interesting to see what color/pattern it turns out to be. Unfortunately I think its a boy by the wing feathers. My 4 yr old named it Little Daryl (my roo is named Daryl).

It'll be interesting to see what color/pattern it turns out to be. Unfortunately I think its a boy by the wing feathers. My 4 yr old named it Little Daryl (my roo is named Daryl).
Hehe. That is a cute name.
big_smile.png

Okay, I was wrong. I don't have 3 black silkies.

Went out to get pics. Grey showgirl and one black kept hiding, so no pics.

But got a pic of the other 2 blacks. Apparently, one is a silkie and the other is a showgirl.

So...

2 showgirls (grey & black)
2 silkies (black & partridge)
1 to be determined (black)

Last edited:
I hope you get some nice lime colored eggs from the RIR by EE cross!

Wow, that would be COOL...lime eggs? I hatched two RIR over EE. One has very dark chipmunk stripes and the other much lighter with minimal stripes so can I assume I have a pullet and a roo? Owl is the one with darker chipmunk stripes that I posted the photo of in the Christmas tree who I think is the pullet. She is our favorite of the 19 we hatched...we just love that owl face and I could just eat her up.
love.gif

Wow, that would be COOL...lime eggs? I hatched two RIR over EE. One has very dark chipmunk stripes and the other much lighter with minimal stripes so can I assume I have a pullet and a roo? Owl is the one with darker chipmunk stripes that I posted the photo of in the Christmas tree who I think is the pullet. She is our favorite of the 19 we hatched...we just love that owl face and I could just eat her up.
love.gif

It is very hard to tell with EE and EE crosses.

I hope you have at least a pullet!

Ok thanks! where can you buy them? it will help ALOT! so can they be born with mareks or catch it?

thumbsup.gif

well...I thinl he may have ment....the parents are mareks vaccinated, so none of the chicks or eggs have ever been introduced.

I don't know how bad mareks is.....should I know?
Hey, one important thing to understand about the Mareks vaccine: It MUST be administered the day of hatching. For what ever reason it is not effective after that. You can purchase the vaccine from several companies. Strombergs and Jeffers Vet Supply I believe both carries it.

Oh, goodness. I am so sorry!

I think I figured out what happened though. I have the incubator in my basement and I found one of the cats curled up on the viewing window. I think she blocked the heat escape and caused the heat to elevate and the cheap water heater thermostat didn't respond quickly enough. So I am trying to decide whether to get a better thermostat or to buy a Janoel $99 incubator that could be come a hatcher when I upgrade again.

Back
Top Bottom