5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Congratz! Silkie are such hardy cold weather chickens. Mine has hatched out 5 since NYD, but i think the last couple are not going to. Couple more days then I will candle. Good Luck on more peeps.

Try pouring a handful of thawed peas on the opposite side of where you want to check for the chicks. It'll distract her.

This is the 2nd time she's gone broody since I got her in June. Her sister just hatched one on Thanksgiving day. I didn't think about giving her a treat, that's a great idea! Thanks!

So my silkie who went broody a week after I set for NYD has peeping going on in the nest!
Yay!
jumpy.gif
Congrats!

Try these.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Degree-Symbol
why she tried to eat my face when I changed her water this morning! Lol. Should have pics tomorrowish.

I think the poorer areas are trying to upgrade their image and ban anything that makes them look poor or backward.
The richer areas assume that no one living there will do anything to lower their property values.

I gave a lecture at Williams-Sonoma that recently started an agrarian program and sell chicken coops.
It is in one of the richest cities in our area (Frontenac). I didn't know until afterwards that all the attendees were city council people. They since wrote an ordinance allowing chickens.
Hmmm. Thinking of it that way it makes a lot more sense.

Baby Hawke is getting siblings tomorrow!! Yay! I can't wait.....praying and fingers crossed that they arrive alive and healthy.
Yay! I hope they all get along happily together. I bet once Hawke gets used to it she'll be happy to not be alone any more.

well my little chick that hatched today did not make it after all. There was something wrong with the cord area and it bled out this afternoon. I'm blaming the humidity issues. It is really really hard to keep the humidity high in the incubator when it drops in the house to 20% or less.

well my little chick that hatched today did not make it after all. There was something wrong with the cord area and it bled out this afternoon. I'm blaming the humidity issues. It is really really hard to keep the humidity high in the incubator when it drops in the house to 20% or less.

Oh, I am so sorry. You could keep the incubator in the laundry room or try putting a humidifier in the room with it . I keep mine in the laundry room, so if the room seems chilled or dry, I throw a turn of laundry in. Perks the room right up.

well, this thread is coming to its stop......im going to keep posting so I can share and keep updates with you all.....WILL YOU PLEASE DO THE SAME WITH ME?!?!??!

I haven't had the time to take pictures of my chicks.....8 days old and they have their wings all feathered in! wow they grow so fast! I learned 2 of my 3 silkies are frizzles! my white and partridge! well, guess I cant show my white silkie after all! a crooked toe, and now a frizzle! hahaha. im so ecstatic to have frizzles! 17 chickens now.....just have to get this second coop finished! ill post pictures for all you guys once its done.....im actuailly building it off of another BYCer's coop page! im creating a coop page for my coop, saying its inspired bu them, and im going to list my measurements and tell what I did differently. IM SO EXCITED!

ok, now for talking all about ME, how are YOU ALL doing?

~Bantambury

Back
Top Bottom