5th chick dying in my hands right now - help!

Oh, and I made a new and much larger coop on what used to be the healthy side of the house. And when i cleaned up the old coop area I dug down to dirt and guess what I found about 2 inches deep into the ground - furry white mold. What the heck is that? And is that what actually made them sick? Or was it the roos?

Sorry to hear about the tough Chemo. I had Zofran for nausia and it worked wonders. He's in our prayers!
hugs.gif
Can't wait for your chickens to feel better too. YOU need a good break! Maybe some time out for great behavior! At least you can rebuild your flock with the chicks your getting now? I've had to rebuild mine and can't until my new coop is finished. (preditors) I understand the frustration... Keep your chin up! and we're all expecting you'll get good news soon!!! Susie Q
jumpy.gif

Oh, and I made a new and much larger coop on what used to be the healthy side of the house. And when i cleaned up the old coop area I dug down to dirt and guess what I found about 2 inches deep into the ground - furry white mold. What the heck is that? And is that what actually made them sick? Or was it the roos?
That's probable why the Oxine is works so well.

And now I am seeing white developing on their combs I think may be favus... another or maybe the same fungus
sad.png
I am going to try to get pictures.
I've been using Bannix on fungle things for a long time and it really works. If you can get some there. It's made here in NC. Just spray once a day till it's gone. Bannix works on all kinds of skin things. I'll get the exact spelling and let you know. Susie Q
frow.gif

Definitely a fungus... I'm missing my bottle but it's called Bannix or Bannex.... it's an antifungl that you spray and it works fantastic... It naturally uses the skin to heal itself. Can't say enough great things about it!!! Try it, it will not hurt to see if it works. Also the "purple stuff" spray is also antifungle too. Hope it works. Susie Q
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom